Fish Kettle - 20"
- Ideal to poach and serve a whole big fish for special celebrations
- Crafted in solid copper for unparalleled heat conductivity
- Hammered for increased strength and lasting beauty
- Tin-lined by hand over fire
- Made in Italy
The Ruffoni Historia fish kettle is a stunningly unique piece. Thanks to its extended length and tall sides, it is especially designed for the delicate poaching of a whole big fish, while the included rack makes for easy removal of the cooked dish without breaking it. Of course you can get creative and make anything else in it too!
While the presentation will be stunning, the preparation of poached fish is rather simple: choose lean fish such as cod, sole, snapper, or halibut or go for a fattier fish like salmon or trout. Incorporate some flavors in your poaching liquid: you can't go wrong with a mediterranean flavor combination, using garlic, fennel, olive oil and bay leaves, but also try your hand at a more exotic poach, with ingredients like coconut milk, lime, Thai curry paste, ginger and garlic. For the traditionalists, a well-seasoned court bouillon is always a winner! Set your kettle over two adjacent burners over medium-low heat, simmer gently for a few minutes depending on the size of your fish, and let it cool down in its poaching liquid for a moist and perfectly cooked fish. Bring your Ruffoni fish kettle to the table for the wow factor, then clean and portion the fish for your guests.
Crafted in solid copper for superior heat conductivity, hammered for increased strength and lasting beauty and tin-lined by hand over fire — so naturally low-stick. The riveted handles are cast in solid bronze, and the lid is crowned by Ruffoni's signature acorns and leaves.
A timeless piece that will be the showstopper at the center of a special dinner and effortlessly decorate a large stove, dining table or sideboard when not in use.
Made in Italy.
Wash by hand
Made in Italy
A Timeless Classic
The Historia Collection
Historia, meaning 'history' in Latin, is perhaps Ruffoni's most iconic collection. Each shape has been created by our master coppersmiths in the same way as cooking vessels were manufactured in royal castles and palaces upon the request of court cooks. Truly a celebration of our shared culinary history, with this collection we relive centuries of tradition and honor exquisite craftmanship:
- Each item is skillfully crafted from a single sheet of copper for maximum heat conductivity and superior temperature control
- Hammered by our master coppersmiths to ensure increased stregth and lasting beauty
- Internally lined by hand over fire with the purest, durable nonreactive tin so naturally low-stick
- Bronze handles are individually cast and attached with durable stainless steel rivets
- Handles and lids are enriched with finials in exquisite shapes such as acorns, artichokes, vegetables and animals to bring warmth and elegance to any table
- Heirloom quality items, worthy of being handed down through generations
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in Italy
Use and Care For The Historia Collection
Taking care of your Ruffoni the right way
Recommended for use on gas stovetops, open flames (wood, charcoal, barbecue) and in the oven - electric cooktops also possible.
Never heat the pot empty and do not exceed 220 C (430 F). Bronze handles will get hot: always use pot holders while cooking.
Use wood or plastic tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
Washing & Polishing
Hand-wash with a soft sponge and mild detergent, and dry immediately with a soft cloth.
With use, copper develops a rich patina over time that many love and cherish. To restore a polished shine, use a good copper polish (like Ruffoni Cleaner) or salt with lemon juice/vinegar.
Tin will naturally discolor over time, but remain equally effective. Depending on use, the tin lining may eventually wear off and require retinning. Prolong the tin lining's life by not scratching it with metal tools, never overheating the cookware, and limiting the use of acidic ingredients.