Soup Pot - 4qt
- Ideal for simmering soups and stocks, and boiling pasta, vegetables or shellfish
- Crafted in solid copper for superior heat conductivity and lined in stainless steel
- Hammered for increased strength and lasting beauty
- Crowned with a silver plated finial in the shape of a pumpkin and gourd
- Made in Italy
Becoming familiar with your new ruffoni
Our beautiful, handy soup pot is just as versatile as a classic stockpot... only slightly smaller. Perfect for midweek family meals or smaller gatherings, you can use it to simmer soups and minestrones, make nourishing homemade stock, boil pasta, vegetables, and shellfish. Crafted in solid copper for superior heat conductivity, hammered by our master artisans for increased strength and lasting beauty and internally lined with practical, easy-to-care-for stainless steel. The stainless steel handles are decorated with delicate leaves and the copper-clad lid is enriched with a pumpkin and gourd shaped finial, hand cast in solid bronze and silver plated. A timeless piece that will transition seamlessly between stove, oven and table, and can be proudly displayed to adorn any kitchen when not in use.
Made in Italy.
Diameter: 8" Height: 4.5" Capacity: 3.75 qt Material: solid, hammered copper Lining:stainless steelKnob: solid bronze, silver plated Handles: stainless steel
Finials: solid bronze, silver-plated
Oven-safe: yes, up to 500˚F (260˚C) Stovetop: all - except induction SKU: 99315/OCA2012X Handwashing recommended
Made in Italy
Ideas For Use
Getting the most out of your Ruffoni Stockpot
Stockpots are approximately as tall as they are wide: a clever proportion that maximizes their capacity, meaning you can cook plenty of food at once.
Fill with water and any veggies found wondering at the back of the fridge for a light and tasty homemade vegetable stock, or add meat and bones for delicious homemade stock which can be used in any number of dishes (our favorite: risotto!). Alternatively, make a flavor base with soffritto, then layer on your favorite seasonal vegetables and simmer gently for endless soup options, nourishing and satisfying. The stockpot can also be used to gently simmer grains or prepare oatmeal for breakfast, or take a page out of all nonnas' book and mix vegetables, legumes and short pasta for a nourishing minestrone that the whole family will enjoy.
Bring directly to the table to keep your soup warm until serving and elevate any simple supper to special occasion. Store your stockpot right on the stovetop or on a display shelf when not in use to enjoy its warm shine every time you walk into your kitchen.
Use and Care For The Opus Cupra Collection
Taking Care of Your Ruffoni The Right Way
Recommended for use on gas stovetops, open flames (wood, charcoal, barbecue) and in the oven - electric cooktops also possible. Use a burner that is similar in diameter to the cookware, never heat the pot empty and do not exceed 230 C (450 F). To avoid scratching or dulling the polished surface, do not use knives, sharp kitchen tools, corrosive detergents and metal scouring pads.
Washing & Polishing
Hand-wash with a soft sponge and mild detergent, and dry immediately with a soft cloth.With use, copper develops a rich patina over time that many love and cherish. To restore a polished shine, use a good copper polish (like Ruffoni Cleaner) or salt with lemon juice/vinegar.
The silver-plated finial will naturally tarnish over time: use a silver-polishing cloth to restore its shine, or to polish more thoroughly remove from the lid by twisting the special screw - rotate the screw, not the finial, to prevent damage to the lid. Always hand-wash as dishwasher use would accelerate the silver tarnishing.
ULTIMATE ELEGANCE IN THE KITCHEN
THE OPUS CUPRA COLLECTION
Opus Cupra takes its name from the copper that forms its body, which is merged with the stainless steel of its interior lining and handles, and the silver on its decorated finials. From the union of different metals, comes superior cooking performance paired with unmatched elegance in the kitchen and at the dining table:
- Thick copper cookware for great thermal conductivity, to ensure great control while cooking
- Internally coated with practical, easy-to-clean and scratch-resistant stainless steel
- Hammered by our master coppersmiths for increased strength and lasting beauty
- Stainless steel handles are decorated with delicate leaves and attached with durable stainless steel rivets
- Solid copper clad lids are enriched with finials in exquisite shapes of fruits and vegetables, hand cast in solid bronze and silver plated by our partner silversmiths
- Heirloom quality items, worthy of being handed down through generations
- Suitable for all hob tops excluding induction and oven-safe up to 450°F
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in Italy