Lid - 9.5"
Lid - 9.5"
- Ideal for topping the Historia 3.75qt Chef Pan
- Crafted in solid copper, tin lined by hand
- Crowned with a bronze knob in the shape of acorns
- Made in Italy
Use & Care
Use & Care
Learn more about this Ruffoni
Get even more use out of your Historia 3.75qt Chef Pan with this practical lid. The 9.5" lid will turn your Chef Pan into a real workhorse you’ll reach for every day to make pasta sauces, soups, sautéed vegetables and even stews – keeping the kitchen splash-free, in style.
Crafted in beautiful copper and featuring a solid bronze acorn knob, it is suitable for our Historia 3.75qt Chef Pan.
Made in Italy
The Historia collection
Historia, meaning 'history' in Latin, is perhaps Ruffoni's most iconic collection. Each shape has been created by our master coppersmiths in the same way as cooking vessels were manufactured in royal castles and palaces upon the request of court cooks. Truly a celebration of our shared culinary history, with this collection we relive centuries of tradition and honor exquisite craftmanship:
- Each item is skillfully crafted from a single sheet of copper for maximum heat conductivity and superior temperature control
- Hammered by our master coppersmiths to ensure increased stregth and lasting beauty
- Internally lined by hand over fire with the purest, durable nonreactive tin so naturally low-stick
- Bronze handles are individually cast and attached with durable stainless steel rivets
- Handles and lids are enriched with finials in exquisite shapes such as acorns, artichokes, vegetables and animals to bring warmth and elegance to any table
- Heirloom quality items, worthy of being handed down through generations
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in Italy
Getting the most out of your Ruffoni Chef's Pan
There's a reason they call it the "Chef's" pan: taller than a frying pan, but lower than a stockpot, with a wide opening and gently rounded sides, this shape is a cookware wonder, the perfect tool for infinite recipes.
Sauté vegetables with one hand thanks to the high rounded sides, brown chunks of meat on the wide bottom then simmer gently into rich stews, or toss pasta to coat it with its thickened sauce.
While practical and versatile, the Chef pan really shines when making risotto: its wide base ensures a steady absorption of broth, so that all flavors are absorbed while water evaporates quickly, and the rounded sides ease stirring and prevent stubborn grains from getting stuck in the corners. Explore combinations of flavors, from porcini mushrooms and truffle to seafood, all kinds of cheese and vegetables.
Choose this convenient kitchen workhorse for a novice home chef's present or treat yourself: it's the perfect starting point for a copper collection that will grow over the years!
Taking care of your Ruffoni the right way
Recommended for use on gas stovetops, open flames (wood, charcoal, barbecue) and in the oven - electric cooktops also possible. Use a burner that is similar in diameter to the cookware, never heat the pot empty and do not exceed 230 C (450 F). To avoid scratching or dulling the polished surface, do not use knives, sharp kitchen tools, corrosive detergents and metal scouring pads.
Washing and Polishing
Hand-wash with a soft sponge and mild detergent, and dry immediately with a soft cloth.With use, copper develops a rich patina over time that many love and cherish. To restore a polished shine, use a good copper polish (like Ruffoni Cleaner) or salt with lemon juice/vinegar.
The silver-plated finial will naturally tarnish over time: use a silver-polishing cloth to restore its shine, or to polish more thoroughly remove from the lid by twisting the special screw - rotate the screw, not the finial, to prevent damage to the lid. Always hand-wash as dishwasher use would accelerate the silver tarnishing.