Large Braiser - 6qt
- Ideal for roasting, braising and stewing meats, ratatouilles, or bolognese sauce
- Crafted in solid copper for unparalleled heat conductivity
- Hammered for increased strength and lasting beauty
- Tin-lined by hand over fire
- Made in Italy
The Historia braiser is a versatile kitchen staple you'll find yourself using every day.
Roast, braise or stew meats filling your home with delicious aromas, or use it to cook fresh vegetables from the farmer’s market. The Ruffoni braiser is designed to seamlessly transition from quickly browning meats and vegetables on the stovetop, to gently braising them in the oven, to elegantly serving them at the table.
The beautifully decorated lid traps heat and moisture, helping you soften tough meats and retain aromas.
Crafted in solid copper for superior heat conductivity, hammered and tin-lined by hand over fire — so naturally low-stick.
The riveted handles are cast in solid bronze, and the lid is crowned by Ruffoni's signature acorns and leaves.
A timeless piece that will transition seamlessly from stovetop to tabletop, and can be proudly displayed to adorn any kitchen when not in use.
Made in Italy.
Wash by hand
Made in Italy
Ideas for use
Getting the most out of your Ruffoni Braiser
Taller than a sauté pan but shorter than a stockpot, with a wide bottom and generous slides, the braiser can not only quickly brown meats and vegetables on the stovetop, achieving a perfect Maillard reaction, but also gently braise them in the oven, covered with the beautifully decorated lid to trap in heat and moisture.
Classic braised beef, Belgian beef carbonnade, coq au vin, but also ratatouille, veggies with tomato sauce, a large batch of delicious beef bolognese sauce... the amount of recipes possible with a braiser make it a real must-have for any kitchen.
Its generous size makes it perfect for feeding a large family and its timeless aura allows it to move elegantly from the kitchen to the table, letting you savor your food in style, while it's still piping hot.
A Timeless Classic
The Historia Collection
Historia, meaning 'history' in Latin, is perhaps Ruffoni's most iconic collection. Each shape has been created by our master coppersmiths in the same way as cooking vessels were manufactured in royal castles and palaces upon the request of court cooks. Truly a celebration of our shared culinary history, with this collection we relive centuries of tradition and honor exquisite craftmanship:
- Each item is skillfully crafted from a single sheet of copper for maximum heat conductivity and superior temperature control
- Hammered by our master coppersmiths to ensure increased stregth and lasting beauty
- Internally lined by hand over fire with the purest, durable nonreactive tin so naturally low-stick
- Bronze handles are individually cast and attached with durable stainless steel rivets
- Handles and lids are enriched with finials in exquisite shapes such as acorns, artichokes, vegetables and animals to bring warmth and elegance to any table
- Heirloom quality items, worthy of being handed down through generations
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in Italy
Use and Care For The Historia Collection
Taking care of your Ruffoni the right way
Recommended for use on gas stovetops, open flames (wood, charcoal, barbecue) and in the oven - electric cooktops also possible.
Never heat the pot empty and do not exceed 220 C (430 F). Bronze handles will get hot: always use pot holders while cooking.
Use wood or plastic tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
Washing & Polishing
Hand-wash with a soft sponge and mild detergent, and dry immediately with a soft cloth.
With use, copper develops a rich patina over time that many love and cherish. To restore a polished shine, use a good copper polish (like Ruffoni Cleaner) or salt with lemon juice/vinegar.
Tin will naturally discolor over time, but remain equally effective. Depending on use, the tin lining may eventually wear off and require retinning. Prolong the tin lining's life by not scratching it with metal tools, never overheating the cookware, and limiting the use of acidic ingredients.