Ultimate Lovebirds Pan - 5qt
- Ideal for baking, roasting, braising and stewing, on the stovetop and in the oven
- Crafted in solid copper for superior heat conductivity and lined in practical stainless steel
- Hammered for increased strength and lasting beauty
- Crowned with a silver plated finial in the shape of a couple of lovebirds
- Made in Italy
Becoming familiar with your new ruffoni
True to its name, this is truly the ultimate pot – and it will join you in every step of your recipes. Start by searing or browning on the stovetop, then simmer and stir, or transition to the oven to braise, reduce and gratin. Need some extra moisture? Use the included lid to retain cooking liquid and soften tougher cuts, then bring to the table for a reveal with the wow-factor.
Crafted in solid copper for superior heat conductivity, hammered by our master artisans for increased strength and lasting beauty and internally lined with practical, easy-to-care-for stainless steel. The stainless steel handles are decorated with delicate leaves and the copper clad lid is enriched with a solid bronze, silver plated lovebirds shaped finial – a symbol of love that makes it a meaningful gift for weddings and anniversaries.
Made in Italy.
Diameter: 11" Height: without lid 3.6" - with lid 6.9" Capacity: 5 qt Material: solid, hammered copper Lining: stainless steel Handles material: stainless steel
Finials: solid bronze, silver-plated
Oven-safe: yes, up to 500˚F (260 C) Stovetop: all - except inductionSKU: 99152 Handwashing recommended
Made in Italy
Ideas for use
Getting the most out of your Ruffoni Braiser
Taller than a sauté pan but shorter than a stockpot, with a wide bottom and generous slides, the braiser can not only quickly brown meats and vegetables on the stovetop, achieving a perfect Maillard reaction, but also gently braise them in the oven, covered with the beautifully decorated lid to trap in heat and moisture.
Classic braised beef, Belgian beef carbonnade, coq au vin, but also ratatouille, veggies with tomato sauce, a large batch of delicious beef bolognese sauce... the amount of recipes possible with a braiser make it a real must-have for any kitchen.
Its generous size makes it perfect for feeding a large family and its timeless aura allows it to move elegantly from the kitchen to the table, letting you savor your food in style, while it's still piping hot.
Use and Care For The Opus Cupra Collection
Taking Care of Your Ruffoni The Right Way
Recommended for use on gas stovetops, open flames (wood, charcoal, barbecue) and in the oven - electric cooktops also possible. Use a burner that is similar in diameter to the cookware, never heat the pot empty and do not exceed 230 C (450 F). To avoid scratching or dulling the polished surface, do not use knives, sharp kitchen tools, corrosive detergents and metal scouring pads.
Washing & Polishing
Hand-wash with a soft sponge and mild detergent, and dry immediately with a soft cloth.With use, copper develops a rich patina over time that many love and cherish. To restore a polished shine, use a good copper polish (like Ruffoni Cleaner) or salt with lemon juice/vinegar.
The silver-plated finial will naturally tarnish over time: use a silver-polishing cloth to restore its shine, or to polish more thoroughly remove from the lid by twisting the special screw - rotate the screw, not the finial, to prevent damage to the lid. Always hand-wash as dishwasher use would accelerate the silver tarnishing.
ULTIMATE ELEGANCE IN THE KITCHEN
THE OPUS CUPRA COLLECTION
Opus Cupra takes its name from the copper that forms its body, which is merged with the stainless steel of its interior lining and handles, and the silver on its decorated finials. From the union of different metals, comes superior cooking performance paired with unmatched elegance in the kitchen and at the dining table:
- Thick copper cookware for great thermal conductivity, to ensure great control while cooking
- Internally coated with practical, easy-to-clean and scratch-resistant stainless steel
- Hammered by our master coppersmiths for increased strength and lasting beauty
- Stainless steel handles are decorated with delicate leaves and attached with durable stainless steel rivets
- Solid copper clad lids are enriched with finials in exquisite shapes of fruits and vegetables, hand cast in solid bronze and silver plated by our partner silversmiths
- Heirloom quality items, worthy of being handed down through generations
- Suitable for all hob tops excluding induction and oven-safe up to 450°F
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in Italy