Chef Pot - 4qt
Chef Pot - 4qt
- Ideal for sautéing sides, simmering sauces, and crafting the perfect risotto
- Crafted in solid copper for superior heat conductivity and lined in stainless steel
- Hammered for increased strength and lasting beauty
- Crowned with a silver plated finial in the shape of two bulbs of garlic
- Made in Italy
Use & Care
Use & Care
Learn more about this Ruffoni
Crafted in solid copper for superior heat conductivity, hammered by our master artisans for increased strength and lasting beauty and internally lined with practical, easy-to-care-for stainless steel. The stainless steel handles are decorated with delicate leaves and the copper-clad lid is enriched with a double garlic shaped finial, hand cast in solid bronze and silver plated.
A timeless piece that will transition seamlessly between stove, oven and table, and can be proudly displayed to adorn any kitchen when not in use.
Made in Italy.
The Opus Cupra collection
Opus Cupra takes its name from the copper that forms its body, which is merged with the stainless steel of its interior lining and handles, and the silver on its decorated finials. From the union of different metals, comes superior cooking performance paired with unmatched elegance in the kitchen and at the dining table:
- Thick copper cookware for great thermal conductivity, to ensure great control while cooking
- Internally coated with practical, easy-to-clean and scratch-resistant stainless steel
- Hammered by our master coppersmiths for increased strength and lasting beauty
- Stainless steel handles are decorated with delicate leaves and attached with durable stainless steel rivets
- Solid copper clad lids are enriched with finials in exquisite shapes of fruits and vegetables, hand cast in solid bronze and silver plated by our partner silversmiths
- Heirloom quality items, worthy of being handed down through generations
- Suitable for all hob tops excluding induction and oven-safe up to 450°F
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in Italy
Getting the most out of your Ruffoni Chef's Pan
There's a reason they call it the "Chef's" pan: taller than a frying pan, but lower than a stockpot, with a wide opening and gently rounded sides, this shape is a cookware wonder, the perfect tool for infinite recipes.
Sauté vegetables with one hand thanks to the high rounded sides, brown chunks of meat on the wide bottom then simmer gently into rich stews, or toss pasta to coat it with its thickened sauce.
While practical and versatile, the Chef pan really shines when making risotto: its wide base ensures a steady absorption of broth, so that all flavors are absorbed while water evaporates quickly, and the rounded sides ease stirring and prevent stubborn grains from getting stuck in the corners. Explore combinations of flavors, from porcini mushrooms and truffle to seafood, all kinds of cheese and vegetables.
Choose this convenient kitchen workhorse for a novice home chef's present or treat yourself: it's the perfect starting point for a copper collection that will grow over the years!
Taking care of your Ruffoni the right way
Recommended for use on gas stovetops, open flames (wood, charcoal, barbecue) and in the oven - electric cooktops also possible. Use a burner that is similar in diameter to the cookware, never heat the pot empty and do not exceed 230 C (450 F). To avoid scratching or dulling the polished surface, do not use knives, sharp kitchen tools, corrosive detergents and metal scouring pads.
Washing and Polishing
Hand-wash with a soft sponge and mild detergent, and dry immediately with a soft cloth.With use, copper develops a rich patina over time that many love and cherish. To restore a polished shine, use a good copper polish (like Ruffoni Cleaner) or salt with lemon juice/vinegar.
The silver-plated finial will naturally tarnish over time: use a silver-polishing cloth to restore its shine, or to polish more thoroughly remove from the lid by twisting the special screw - rotate the screw, not the finial, to prevent damage to the lid. Always hand-wash as dishwasher use would accelerate the silver tarnishing.