Sauté Pan - 4qt
Sauté Pan - 4qt
- Ideal for simmering, sautéing and frying
- Crafted in solid copper for superior heat conductivity and lined in practical stainless steel
- Hammered for increased strength and lasting beauty
- Crowned with a silver-plated finial in the shape of two bulbs of garlic
- Made in Italy
Use & Care
Use & Care
Learn more about this Ruffoni
A sauté is similar to a frying pan, but with taller, vertical sides that make it ideal for frying with limited splashes, simmering sauces, reductions and stews.
Crafted in solid copper for superior heat conductivity, hammered by our master artisans for increased strength and lasting beauty and internally lined with practical, easy-to-care-for stainless steel. The stainless steel handles are decorated with delicate leaves and the copper-clad lid is enriched with a double garlic-shaped finial, hand cast in solid bronze and silver plated.
A timeless piece that will transition seamlessly between stove, oven and table, and can be proudly displayed to adorn any kitchen when not in use.
Made in Italy.
The Opus Cupra collection
Opus Cupra takes its name from the copper that forms its body, which is merged with the stainless steel of its interior lining and handles, and the silver on its decorated finials. From the union of different metals, comes superior cooking performance paired with unmatched elegance in the kitchen and at the dining table:
- Thick copper cookware for great thermal conductivity, to ensure great control while cooking
- Internally coated with practical, easy-to-clean and scratch-resistant stainless steel
- Hammered by our master coppersmiths for increased strength and lasting beauty
- Stainless steel handles are decorated with delicate leaves and attached with durable stainless steel rivets
- Solid copper clad lids are enriched with finials in exquisite shapes of fruits and vegetables, hand cast in solid bronze and silver plated by our partner silversmiths
- Heirloom quality items, worthy of being handed down through generations
- Suitable for all hob tops excluding induction and oven-safe up to 450°F
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in Italy
Getting the most out of your Ruffoni Fry Pan
A good fry pan allows you to sauté vegetables, sear meats and shallow-fry almost any kind of ingredient. Constructed of solid copper or highly conductive clad stainless steel, Ruffoni fry pans are also well suited to cook delicate foods.
Our fry pan is a practical and versatile kitchen ally that you will find yourself using at different times of the day for the most different recipes. Let the children wake up to the smell of freshly made pancakes for a sweet Sunday treat, and fry some eggs for the grown-ups. Come lunch time, use to sauté all kind of veggies, then sear and pan fry chicken breast or cod fillets and fries for a quick and delicious dinner.
For even more flexibility, pick a fry pan with lid: wilt spinach and other leafy greens in their own water, then finish open, with a splash of cream and freshly cracked black pepper. Gently roast peppers, onions, tomatoes and spices for a deliciously caramelized shakshuka, then crack in some eggs and cover with the lid to firm up the whites.
Our serving shape, with two side handles, is especially designed to sit at the center of a crowded table and serve piping-hot food in style. Or pick a frying pan with the traditional long stick handle and hang it on display, so it adorns your kitchen and is always within reach.
Use tip: remember that copper cookware never needs to be pre-heated, and always use a bit of oil or butter to prevent sticking.
Taking care of your Ruffoni the right way
Recommended for use on gas stovetops, open flames (wood, charcoal, barbecue) and in the oven - electric cooktops also possible. Use a burner that is similar in diameter to the cookware, never heat the pot empty and do not exceed 230 C (450 F). To avoid scratching or dulling the polished surface, do not use knives, sharp kitchen tools, corrosive detergents and metal scouring pads.
Washing and Polishing
Hand-wash with a soft sponge and mild detergent, and dry immediately with a soft cloth.With use, copper develops a rich patina over time that many love and cherish. To restore a polished shine, use a good copper polish (like Ruffoni Cleaner) or salt with lemon juice/vinegar.
The silver-plated finial will naturally tarnish over time: use a silver-polishing cloth to restore its shine, or to polish more thoroughly remove from the lid by twisting the special screw - rotate the screw, not the finial, to prevent damage to the lid. Always hand-wash as dishwasher use would accelerate the silver tarnishing.